The e-cigarettes are less harmful than regular cigarettes, and 3.7V rechargeable lithium-ion polymer batteries make them more usable.
Introduction of lithium polymer battery
The working principle of lithium polymer batteries and lithium-ion batteries is the same. The only difference is the type of their electrolytes. The electrolytes in lithium polymer batteries are in semisolid gel form and are microporous, replacing the traditional porous separator. On the other hand, the electrolytes in lithium-ion batteries are in liquid form. The original lithium polymer batteries used plastic insulator-like material that required high operating temperature. Lithium-ion batteries are also called cylindrical batteries, and lithium polymer is called lithium-poly or pouch batteries.
Features of 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries
Operation & Construction: The basic operation of a lithium-ion battery and a lithium polymer battery is the same: the insertion and extraction of lithium ions from the electrodes during charge and discharge of the battery.
Electrodes: In lithium polymer batteries, the electrodes are carbon-based. The anode (negative electrode) is made up of porous carbon or graphite, and the cathode (positive electrode) is made up of lithium cobalt oxide or NMC (nickel manganese cobalt oxides).
Design: The uniqueness of the Li-poly batteries is that they can be made in almost any size or shape. Since this battery can be molded into various customizable shapes, even thinner than 1mm, making it highly flexible for any gadget with maximum space utilization.
Energy density: The energy density of Li-poly battery is higher than most batteries and even higher than Li-ion battery. And by connecting these batteries in parallel, a much higher capacity can be attained
Self-discharge: If Li-poly batteries are protected from extreme temperature, overcharging, and deep discharges, these batteries maintain a relatively low self-discharge rate, compared to other batteries.
Applications of 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries in e–cigarette
Lithium polymer batteries can be designed and manufactured into various shapes, sizes, power levels as well as discharge rates. The performance variability along with the higher energy density has diversified the uses of these batteries. Lithium polymer batteries have been popular in applications like smartphones, tablets, and other applications include smartwatches, toys, GPS devices, audio/video devices, barcode scanners, measuring instruments and drones, etc.
Likewise, with the expanding of electronic cigarette market, 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries are also applied in vape products because of the competitive features like:
- High energy density
- Flexible design
- Low self-discharge
- Supply current variation as peruse
- High cycle life
- Overcharge protection
- Over-discharge protection
- Over-current protection
- Short circuit protection
Advantages of 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries powering e–cigarettes
There are many advantages of 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries, which are compatible with many applications, as stated above. As for e-cigarette batteries, these advantages can also be described as:
- The Li-poly battery can be designed according to almost any design and specification of the e-cigarette.
- A Li-poly battery can be made extremely small in size, which is very helpful to devices like e-cigarettes
- The lightweight of Li-ploy battery is preferable to an e-cigarette as this device is handheld when in use.
- High energy density allows the batteries to provide high amount of energy to an e-cigarette for a longer time.
- Li-Pobatteries are flexible, which allows the design of e-cigarette to be optimized.
- Li-poly batteries can operate under high temperature, which meets the demand of e-c
FAQ about 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries
- How long do lithium polymer batteries last
It depends on the use, and generally, 3.7V rechargeable lithium polymer batteries can last for two to three years. Our batteries can last for more than 300 cycles, keeping 80 % of capacity retention rate. One cycle is from the full charge to the full discharge state of the battery.
- How to properly charge the lithium-polymer battery
- Switch off the device before connecting to the charger
- Charge at average room temperature and please do not charge under freezing temperature
- Please do not get the Li-Po batteries fully charged.
- Do lithium polymer batteries have a memory effect?
- They do not have a memory effect.
At BPI, there is a wide range of lithium polymer batteries for varied applications. The experts of BPI can assist you in determining the battery type and size specifically for your device. BPI has been manufacturing environment-friendly rechargeable batteries with less potential environmental impact. With an increasing demand for rechargeable batteries powering different electronic gadgets and equipment, BPI can provide safe and high-quality products for our customers, which is supported by over 12 years’ battery manufacturing and development experience.