The evolution in the battery industry and especially in the field of Li-ion battery is the development of flexible Li-ion battery.
In a Li-ion battery, the lithium ions (Li+) are the most critical component, and the same is for a flexible Li-ion battery. During a discharge cycle, lithium atoms are ionized, and they move towards the cathode via the electrolyte. There are different types of Li-ion batteries, and the most common one is the lithium cobaltate batteries made from lithium carbonate and cobalt. They have a cobalt oxide cathode and use graphite carbon as their anode material. The vast majority of lithium-ion batteries use graphite powder as an anode material.. The cathode material in the battery decides the major performance of Li-ion batteries. In addition, lithium cobalt oxide, lithium manganese oxide, and lithium iron phosphate are commonly used by the manufacturers. The electrolyte in Li-ion batteries is an organic solvent with lithium salts.
The Li-ion battery has advantages over other batteries, such as:
- High volumetricenergy density
- High current, voltage and capacity
- Low requirementfor routine maintenance
- No memory effect
- Low self-discharge
- Long lifespan
- Environmentally friendly
Why Flexible Li-Ion Batteries Are Becoming a Better Choice For 3C Digital Devices?
There has been a rising demand for 3C digital devices and consumer electronics, which all needs to be powered by batteries. At present, the Li-ion batteries are widely used in these fields:
- Portable Electronic Devices: The rechargeable Li-ion batteries are the popular choice for portable electronic devices like smartphone, laptop, tablet, and smart wearable devices.
- Energy Storage: Combining solar and wind power with Li-ion batterieshas made it possible to store the renewable energy generated. Lithium-ion batteries are also used in emergency power backup, UPS and solar generators/portable power stations/power bank.
Flexible Li-ion batteries are still at the early stage of development but the future of flexible Li-ion batteries is promising. These batteries are used for wearable devices, intelligent electronics, and roll up displays. The flexible batteries or flexible Li-ion batteries have the following characteristics:
Flexible Li-ion batteries can be used in 3C devices including:
- Smart Wearable Device: Flexible Li-ion battery can be used as energy storage batteryin the wearable device we use such as smart glasses, smart watches, and fitness trackers.
- ElectronicDevice: Different electronic devices like e-cigarette, camera, smart home appliances, communication devices, industrial devices can be powered by flexible Li-ion batteries.
BPI manufactures a variety of Li-ion batteries, which can be used for different devices and gadgets. Li-ion batteries can be applied to wireless headsets, electronic cigarettes, smart wearable’s, smart shoes, digital camera battery, wireless communication devices, intelligent robots, portable power stations, and portable air conditioners. If you still have questions choosing the Li-ion batteries as the power source of the 3C digital devices or want to know more about lithium ion battery packs for your gadgets, BPI’s experts will be happy to help.